domingo, 30 de enero de 2011

I Capture the Castle

So, Alexandra was taking a look at my blog and making fun of my delightful choices in films. She said that all I watch is either English or Irish or Scottish or Welsh. Well, that's obviously not true, since I have a Swedish film AND an Italian film here. But I guess, yeah, that most of my films are made in a spot of the British Isles. So, I decided to prove her wrong. I checked in my queue to find a non-English/Irish film to watch. That's how I ended up watching the delightful English film I Capture the Castle.

I know, I know. But I don't choose the films, the films choose me. That film had been in my top picks for weeks and I was just there, looking at me, begging to be watched. So I gave it an opportunity. I think it worked.

It is one of those British films. Like Atonement. You know, with the cute English girl who has a writer inside her and writes about her funny family and meddles with their lives. It is Atonement. But the girl is somehow more likeable. Also, there isn't that war ambience, that darkness covering the whole film, that structure, that post-modernism. It is simply the tale of a rite of passage of an English teenager. It is delightful, though. Nothing out of the extraordinary. But enjoyable and English, very English.

1 comentario: