domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

Exit Through the Gift Shop.

So, as we are in February, and February is the Oscar's (oh, excuse me, the Academy Awards') month, I thought that I could just post here my comments on films that are nominated to the Osc... Academy Awards. That was the original idea. However, since I am only posting Netflix films, that is going to be difficult. (I believe only this one and Dogtooth, the Greek one are in Netflix) so I'll talk about Oscarred films in general. Kind of loosely. My endevour is proving difficult, though. I tried to watch A Fish Called Wanda the other day and I fled the computer bored as an oyster.

Anyway, Exit Through the Gift Shop is a documentary by Banksy. I am not a big documentary girl, as some of you may know. But I can handle them. I watch them and enjoy them when they're good and made by the BBC. Oh, BBC, how I love thee! Flavia, keep focus. Ok, so, yes, Banksy. He's this street artist, very daring and imaginative and very good. Probably he is also a hoax. Probably not. No one really knows. But everyone loves him.

I'm sorry if I am a bit untidy in my writing today, but after an hour watching this MBW man, Banksy's subject and character and maybe hoax, but probably not, you just can't be the same. He is all over the place. He is big in what he does but small in how he does it. He is running from one place to the other. Like a French rat. Like that little rat in Ratatouille.

The documentary is about high art and street art and performance and about this man with too many ideas. It's like watching F for Fake again. Art and lies. And the creation of characters. And twisting the audience and the characters themselves. It was fun. 4 stars. Excuse me, I have to go and eat a banana now.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario